Wednesday, April 24

Review: Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser





I think keeping an eye out on daily deal websites is a very smart thing to do, especially in NZ where products tend to be very overpriced. Yes, usually all they have is a whole bunch of doodie, but every now and then you can find a true bargain.


This is where I found the Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser. On The Warehouse daily deal page of all places. 


Normally Dermalogica products are way out of my price range, as they tend to start at about $60 - $70 in NZ stores, so I was very quick in snapping up this when I saw it, especially since I found out that Dermalogica are a cruelty-free company.



What the product claims:


Water-soluble Kaolin and Green clays combine with purifying extracts of Sambucus, Ivy and Lemon to remove excess oils and refine the skin's texture. Calming Cucumber and healing Sage soothe irritation, while refreshing Menthol revitalises even the most tired skin.


  • Naturally-absorbent, Bentonite and Kaolin clays absorb excess oil.
  • Astringent extracts of Sambucus, Ivy and Lemon remove excess oils and refine the skin's texture.
  • Menthol, Sage, Cucumber and Milk Proteins help calm the skin.



Now I have combination skin, very dry on the t-zone but oily on my cheeks and chin area. I also have been having a lot of break-outs around my mouth lately which has left quite a few blemish scars (that usually take forever to fade on me).


This cleanser is recommended for more oily skin, so I tend to concentrate it on the mid to lower portions on my face, where I am oiliest and tend to break out more.


Here I'll show you a swatch of the cleanser on my hand:





As you can see, it's a nice thick cleanser that almost has the appearance of a mask on the face (and Dermalogica even say you can leave this on the skin for 5 minutes or so as a mask treatment).


It has a menthol scent and feels very soothing on the skin. Once rinsed off with warm water, the skin feels a little tingly and cool, like a mild version of when you wear a peppermint lip gloss.


My skin feels great after this. It feels and looks supremely clean, and my pores even look diminished.


After using this morning and night for about two weeks, my blemish scars around my mouth have noticeably reduced (hooray!) and it even seems to halt the flare up of any new blemishes as soon as I put the cleanser on.


So yes, I am very happy with this cleanser. I know that the price tag for these products are a little hefty, but I do recommend saving up and grabbing one of these products, especially  if you are having trouble with your skin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...