Wednesday, April 24

Review: Australis Primer






I used to be a sceptic about primers (or maybe I was just lazy) but now I can't get enough of them. 

This beauty is a relatively new offering from Australis, contains 40ml of product (which is excellent), and retails for around the $20 NZD mark.



PRODUCT CLAIM

A skin and foundation primer formulated as a film forming polymer complex with hold-fast compounds. Contains hydrating botanicals such as cucumber and rose extracts, vitamins A, E and C and honey, aloe vera and lavender extracts.

The perfect product for a fresher complexion and longer-lasting foundation. Moisture-protective and hydrating formula that creates a smooth skin canvas for perfect make-up application that lasts longer.




I found this primer to be quite decent. After 8 hours of work, I saw that my foundation had held in place noticeably better than when I did not use a primer.


The formula has a thin, almost gel-like consistency and absorbs into the face quickly.


Here is a swatch of the primer on my hand:







I definitely will no longer be skipping the primer step now in my make-up routine. I think it is especially good for those of us with dry skin, as it helps to form a barrier between our moisturiser and foundation.


The only thing I'm missing with this primer is an SPF (as I think the more SPF we can get onto our skin the better), but this is only a minor complaint.


Oh - and a major bonus - this product is classified as vegan friendly. Now that is fantastic!




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...